Thursday, March 08, 2007

On Silver Linings

I just finished eating lunch with Rebecca. Her shift ended at noon and we walked a couple of blocks to Centennial Plaza to enjoy this beautiful day. She’s now on her way to the philosophy of music class that she is finding to be very stimulating, and I have these few minutes before my lunch hour is up to reflect on what truly redemptive occasions these are. Both Rachel and Rebecca (I never know which is grammatically correct – “my” daughters or “our” daughters) have matured into incredibly beautiful, intelligent and talented women, and neither of them seems to hold against me the many mistakes I have made as their father. I need to remember this, and more often than I usually do. As my blog heads into the darkest days of my life, it’s good to know now that there really was light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment