Friday, February 24, 2006

Another Day

I really don’t know whether I brushed my teeth this morning electrically or electronically. Fortunately, I know that there is someone out there who knows the correct answer to this question concerning such subtle nuances of the English language. I, on the other hand, am more interested in the fact that I used an electric toothbrush to brush my teeth. This partially defines who and what I am.

Such knowledge is of interest to me. Once that I figured out my birthday was day one of dying—literally—I compulsively began a quest for the meaning of life. Some of the answers are to be found in the thinking of philosophers and theologians, but others are to be found in explanations for why I do what I do; why I think what I think. Meaning, I am coming to understand, requires purpose.

We bleeding-heart liberals are being encouraged to go to our movie theatres this weekend to watch Why We Fight, “a documentary that examines the human costs, beyond the battlefield casualties, of feeding so much of our country’s resources to the Pentagon.” I extend this invitation to my readers:

http://action.truemajority.org/TrueMajority/join-forward.html?domain=TrueMajority&r=Y1Asfl91fX4p&

Your interest in this movie might be heightened by first visiting:

http://newamericancentury.org/

I am particularly interested in this organization’s Statement of Principles and its signers. After years of deliberation I can no longer dismiss theologian Rosemary Reuther’s agreement with David Ray Griffin’s book, The New Pearl Harbor, “that examines dispassionately the case for complicity by the Bush administration in the attacks of September 11th, 2001.”

http://www.rototillerman.com/C1326782256/E1797254343/

I ask now to please be excused so that I may eat a little lunch, watch a little television, and go on about the business of living/dying.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that the movie isn't playing in Flagstaff. I guess we'll have to wait to Netflix it. Or is it Netflick? I'm not sure how to use it properly as a verb.

    ReplyDelete