Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Miracles Do Happen!

A miracle happened thirty-six years ago today. Sight unseen, Mary James agreed to go with me to the Valentine's Day Dance at Nebraska Wesleyan University. This may not seem quite so miraculous until one realizes that this meant an Alpha Gamma Delta was actually going to go out with a nerdy independent (the "i" is not capitalized because I wasn't even a GDI). The event was the culimination of elaborate arrangements made by my friend who was also dating an AGD (thanks Neal and Vickie). Thanks to my Colorado license plates and my $59.95 K-Mart 8-track, the deal was sealed and it has been M&M ever since.

That original miracle led to others: Mary said "yes" to my proposal of marriage, then Rachel, and then Rebecca. I am truly blessed among all men! Thank you, Mary, for taking a chance on me those many years ago. It was the happiest day of my life, and each day since has been unbelievably happier. I love you! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment