Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Greetings from Billings, Montana

Unfamiliar surroundings make posting a more uncertain prospect, but thanks to Mom’s gracious neighbors I’m now able to wi-fi from her place. Last Saturday we departed Rexburg, Idaho, at 8:30 a.m. (MDT) and drove 297 miles through perhaps the most magnificent scenery on Earth. Entering from West Yellowstone we traveled through the National Park to exit from the northeast entrance to get on the Beartooth Highway which then took us to Billings via Red Lodge. Since then we’ve driven on the tank of gas we bought August 1 in Idaho Falls, Idaho. This morning, after having discovered the excellent Owl Café in Laurel, Montana, my inept navigating got us on westbound instead of eastbound I90 with the first exit being Park City where we filled with gas: 8.3 gallons for $33.34; avg. mpg 52.3 (that 45 mph through Yellowstone was optimal. We leave for Lincoln, Nebraska tomorrow morning. If able, I will post from our overnight stop in Valentine.

PS I’m having trouble uploading/downloading (?) making the pretty pictures appear :-( I’ll try again later.

Obama 08

No comments:

Post a Comment