Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I don’t think he’ll mind my announcing the milestone he achieves today on his 85th birthday. That’s a lot of proverbial water under the bridge and congratulations are in order. I was never shortchanged on my Christmas birthday because Dad was always willing to share his with me. Literally thousands of lives have been touched by his remarkable ministry, and he continues to touch lives today (when I called him this morning he was just about to depart on his Meals on Wheels deliveries). As Christmas 2008 approaches I give thanks for both my parents and all they have given me over the years.

This is my last day at work before my Christmas break (yes, I respect that there are other holidays this time of year, but for me, it’s Christmas). I am so grateful that it will be possible for Mary and me to share the festivities with our daughters and the ever-growing circle of family and friends they bring in. I pray that your holidays may be as blessed.

To entice a quick visit to Incite between now and January 5, 2009, I offer the work of my two favorite essayists for your perusal and enjoyment:

Listen to the Kids by Nancy Gibbs

The Teddy Awards by Joe Klein

No comments:

Post a Comment