Monday, May 11, 2009

Just What Am I Doing?

One of the nice things about blogging is that I don’t have to have a good reason for what I choose to blog about. Since Incite is obviously not-for-profit, I don’t even have to answer to advertisers. Still, I feel a keen responsibility for those few who take the time to read my thoughts, and it is in this spirit that I am realizing the need to offer a little more explanation for what I’m hoping to communicate through the “going home” theme. Like all other human beings, mine is the only firsthand experience I have. All else is secondhand. Due to the human mind’s propensity for reason, even firsthand experience cannot be considered objective because it is subject to perception and interpretation. Nonetheless, it is the best that any of us has to work with. So, as I continue to introspect, it is not with the illusion of thinking that my readers are going to find such personal minutiae to be utterly fascinating, but rather might be moved by the example to your own introspection. How have you become who you are? Why do you think what you do? Why do you believe what you do? If everyone were to sincerely seek the answers to such questions, I cannot help but believe that a genuine ethic of mutual reciprocity would emerge as humans begin to sympathize and empathize one with another. Yes, my life is unique. But so is yours. And when we understand that about each other we begin to harmonize.

No comments:

Post a Comment