Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mission Accomplished?

I have, dear Reader, been remiss in recording my thoughts. I excuse myself by rationalizing that relocating is a time consuming process. The move is now past tense and the process of settling in has begun. After calling Las Vegas home for nearly fifteen years, I am finding it difficult not to think that we are just on vacation. The comfort of familiar furnishings will aid the acceptance Fort Collins as our new home. I have received word from a former coworker that the timing of my retirement from DAFS is even more fortunate due to another wave of major reorganization in just the two weeks since I left. I feel such great compassion for those I left behind whose lot requires they stay in DAFS’ employ. The day must come that We the People who keep this great country running receive the respect and equality which are foundational to a democratic society. This is the critical subject I look forward to examining in detail now that I have freed myself (at least for the moment) from the bondage of subservient employment. But for now…it’s back to unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment