Friday, October 08, 2010

Some Assembly Required

My good intention to discipline myself to daily journaling has gone to hell. For better or worse, the mandatory lunch hour at my last employment enabled me to post at least four times a week. I am relishing the longest weekend of my life but it has thrown any semblance of a schedule to the wind. Mary and I made a long overdue trip to Lincoln to see our family there, and one more weight added to my guilt trip is knowing that I really need to get those photos posted to flickr. Mom and Kim will visit us this weekend, and then, just because we can, we're going to Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity in Washington, D.C. It's no wonder that it's taking us a little bit longer to unpack all the boxes. It's an interesting process, taking all the things that you have found a place for, packing them up, and moving them to a new location where the challenge becomes to discover where they all should go. We've decided that we need some furniture to replace what we left behind, and in our economic bracket that can only mean some assembly required. The bookcases are completed, the desk nearly so, and the printer stand and file drawer will just be icing on the cake. Life is good, and each day of retirement has thus far been a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment