Thursday, August 31, 2006

Say What?

It is appropriate here to summarize the theology (the worldview) that I took to college with me. Synthesizing the input from family, church, and community, my faith was (and is) in a dynamic paradigm of reality. God is real; therefore, the Creator is continually in the process of becoming as opposed to being composed of serialized static events. The Bible is a record of humankind’s discovery of this reality, and Jesus the man managed to wholly align himself with this divine process.

What in heaven’s name ever led me to think that this kind of thinking would be accepted outside of what I have affectionately come to regard as the bubble I grew up in I will never know. But true to the character of the turbulent sixties, I was unknowingly heading toward a culture clash that would change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment