Monday, October 02, 2006

Still Looking

I’ve spent most of today’s lunch hour looking without success for a particular statement. I know that I’ll be able to find it at home, and so let it suffice for now to say that I am aware that my commentary on The United Methodist Church has been tinged with negativism. As the story unfolds I trust that the reasons for this will become apparent, but in the meantime I need to clarify that it was my church, composed of family and friends, which deserves the credit for anything about my character that can be construed as positive and constructive. The same is true for education (which I hopefully have distinguished from academia). I try to be a good person, and that is because of the lessons learned from my church experience. This being said, what I discovered as an ordained minister about the political machinations of the UMC was made all the more disappointing because the church in general had been so seminal to my overall development.

No comments:

Post a Comment