Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Time On My Hands

You know how some people can’t wear wristwatches because they somehow cause them to mysteriously stop working? Well, I’m beginning to think I have the same effect on my workplace computer. There is a program that I use frequently, and I seem to have a quota for how many times I can apply it before it starts screwing up. The top IT personnel are at a loss to explain what goes wrong, but the net result is that I get a new CPU about every three months. I think that this might be an omen that I should have a thinking position that doesn’t require me to use a computer, but the thinkers that are already in place will probably disagree. It might be better if Bill Gates would set me up with a suite in Seattle where I could sup Starbucks while subjecting tried and true programs to my grueling repetitiveness (I just love being alliterate). Mark your calendars and let’s see how long it takes me to tear up another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment