Monday, August 27, 2007

What's That For?

There’s a new addition to my 08/23/07 entry. I’m forever wondering how to make Incite more interactive, and I ran an idea past Rachel and Steve. Voila! There appeared an opportunity to indicate agreement or disagreement. “With what?” asked Mary. Not knowing that the implementation was going to be so timely, I hadn’t really couched my comments in such a way as to elicit a meaningful ‘yes’ or ‘no’. Actually, when Rachel responded with instructions for how to add my brainstorm to the conclusion of each post I decided that life was just too short. I realize that I should not be striving for response. Many people whose opinions I respect have told me that I leave them speechless and that the thought of commenting is simply too intimidating. I know that I should be grateful for this gentle way of telling me to just be satisfied that I am free to publish my thoughts each day and to get over wanting any response. I know that this is the way that it should be, but my insecurities just won’t let me get rid of that feeling that I prefer dialogue to monologue. So, just for kicks, let’s say that the polling is for the purpose of determining who agrees or disagrees with the statement that “Christ” was not Jesus’ surname. Whee! Let the intercourse begin!

2 comments:

  1. I agree. It was not. Although his middle name did start with an H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who is not up to date on his Jesus trivia, I will take your word for it :)

    ReplyDelete