Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Born to Die, part twenty-six

Everything is related. Even unknown dimensions are relative to those that are known. It is this relationship between all things that humans experience even if it is misperceived or misinterpreted. Reason, as it turns out, is not infallible (neither are Scripture or Tradition). My measure of myself is relative to whatever I relate to, but the relationship still exists whether or not it is comprehended. And so the fundamental question with regard to my death is if it is the end of relationship. Since relationship is the only thing that I viscerally experience, the loss of it is a fearsome thing. Without relationship one is alone, and since the experience of relationship is the very definition of reality it follows that to be alone is to cease to exist. No relationship equals nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment