Thursday, March 27, 2008

On One

It is with sincere regret that I have learned from both my parents that their attempts to comment during my Lenten series were thwarted by a format that was not user friendly. My heartfelt thanks go to Rachel who, upon being advised of the situation, quickly rectified the problem. So, if anyone has just been itching to comment but has been intimidated by passwords, verifications, etc, feel free to proceed unimpeded.

I was aware of personal change as I pursued the topic of death, and I continue in my Easter revelation that acceptance of the inevitability of the occasion influences my worldview as surely as does denial. The process of experiencing each moment as precious because there is no guarantee of another profoundly emphasizes the existential now in a way that puts everything else into perspective. Yes, I continue to be concerned with politics, environment, and so on, but now I find myself evaluating those concerns by the measure of how they strengthen or weaken my connection with One. Nothing else really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment