Monday, March 09, 2009

The Shot Not Heard Around the World

I failed to post on the ninth and tenth days of Lent because, quite frankly, I was immersed in the mundane. Fortunately, Sunday afforded the opportunity to have a heart-to-heart with my soulmate, an exchange of ideas and opinion with Mary that I cherish because such conversations with her always help me to crystallize some of the things I have been trying to say but have not found the words. “What will be different when everyone accepts a personal relationship with God?” I do not pretend to even know how to tell whether someone’s relationship to/with their Creator is authentic, but in mulling over the question I have come up with one tiny example that would signify to me a genuine relationship. A human being in harmony with its Creator will never shoot first. My confidence in this statement is one-hundred percent. Whether or not a human being in communion with God will ever shoot in self-defense, I do not know. But based on everything I have learned from Scripture, Tradition, Experience and Reason compels me to declare unequivocally that anyone truly in alignment with the Divine will never be the aggressor, the shooter, the killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment