Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Where the Heart Is

Planet Earth became my home Christmas day, 1949 C.E. I have no recollection of anything before that. Indeed, my earliest memory is of the Methodist parsonage in Erie, Colorado, where we moved when I was about two. I was an atomic child born into the legacy of the greatest destructive power known to humankind. The sky was blue. The snow was white. The grass was green. Mom and Dad were my world, and their world was composed of brothers, sisters, parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and so on. Denver, Erie, Platteville, Arvada, Lincoln, Wheat Ridge, Coral Springs, Westminster, Flagstaff, Omaha, Burwell, Oakland and Las Vegas have each taken their turn as the home where my anatomical heart was, but my spiritual heart is forever ensconced in the home of family and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment