Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Marriage: Las Vegas Style

I am dining out this week in Mary’s absence (she’s in Flagstaff with Rebecca) and that cuts just a tad into my lunch hour blogging. As I continue to study Caitlin Flanagan’s essay on marriage in America, I am reminded of how incredibly blessed I am by Mary. She is the epitome of womanhood and motherhood, and she has tolerated my shenanigans lo these thirty-nine years. Each day she voluntarily (anyone who knows Mary realizes that it could not be otherwise) prepares a tasty and healthful lunch for me to consume in 406-02. That is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to her wonderful qualities. Obviously, a part of me is missing when she’s not by my side. I am counting the hours to our reunion, and that tells more than enough about the state of our union.

No comments:

Post a Comment