Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where Were You?

An e-mail this morning from an administrator asked the question, “Do you remember where you were?” As a matter of fact, I do. I was watching Today on NBC while getting ready for work when I joined millions of others in horrified disbelief of what I was seeing. I wondered if our family should be preparing to evacuate, but ended up going to work instead where I attempted to glean information from an overwhelmed Internet. Like so many others, I came to regard September 11, 2001 as the day that changed America forever.

In hindsight, however, I have come to realize that the day America truly changed forever was November 7, 2000. That was the day that the candidate favored by the neoconservative movement fronting for the international military industrial complex lost the popular vote only to be appointed President on December 12 by a complicit Supreme Court.

Still having the freedom of expression that has been shamefully eroded in the last eight years, I am convinced that had Al Gore assumed the presidency he legitimately won, there never would have been a 9/11. I am equally convinced that 9/11 was the result of a carefully planned conspiracy that directly involved the Bush Administration, the same people, by the way, that will not hesitate to take equal or more extreme measures to retain control of the White House. We lost our democracy on 11/07/2000, and that was the day America changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment