Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day by Day

The day to day details of moving to Colorado are mundane at best, but when combined into a larger picture they become significant. I hadn’t thought of it until right now, but maybe I’ll try Googling “move from Las Vegas to Fort Collins” and see what comes up. Certainly something will. We’re going to stimulate the economy in our own little way by having Pete the handyman make the necessary repairs, by commissioning a realtor to sell the condo, by retaining a lawyer to tell us how to instruct the realtor, and by hiring movers to load and unload all our stuff (Mary is in the process of making sure that no unnecessary stuff migrates with us). I marvel at my ancestors who moved between Ireland and the United States with some regularity. I wish they could be here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment