Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Plan for Summer

Slowly but surely the reality of our impending move to Colorado is taking hold of my consciousness. Submitting my letter of retirement was the first big step, and meeting with a realtor this evening seems to be the second milestone. Las Vegas still has the highest foreclosure rate in the nation. That’s bound to affect the sale of our condominium. This is going to be a bittersweet process for me because it seems that we’ve been living the ideal as far as housing is concerned. Hopefully, some prospective buyer will feel the same way about it and the process will go smoothly. In spite of everything that happened here as far as my falling out with the United Methodist Church was concerned, this is still the place where Rachel and Rebecca graduated high school, where Rachel married Steve, and so on. I’m definitely excited about moving to Fort Collins, but there is some nostalgia I need to work my way through this summer.

1 comment:

  1. We will have to schedule regular vacations to Las Vegas after your move. The city may not have strong livability but it does have meaning to all of us. Nate will have to make room.

    ReplyDelete