Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Good Timing

I’ve shared with readers before of my conviction that the Universe, as it says in Desiderata, is unfolding as it should. The word ‘hubris’ comes to mind to describe those who think otherwise. I spent the weekend dealing with symptoms that may be attributable to my CML and they continued through yesterday (thereby explaining no post). Even though I am under the relatively close supervision of my doctors, the reason for periodic visits is to see what changes (positive or negative) have occurred with my numbers. As Jack Kevorkian has said, “Everyone is terminal.” I am eagerly looking forward to starting my retirement in Colorado where I know Mary will be nearer to family, and this feeling has been reinforced by the realization that more “sick” days are likely in the future instead of fewer. Finally, I will be so grateful to get away from the insanity of my workplace. My only regret is leaving good friends who are stuck in this bureaucratic nightmare. Yes, the Universe is unfolding as it should, and I thank God for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment