Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Let the Countdown Begin

I did something for the first time in my life today. I submitted a letter of retirement. Working my last day on August 31, I will retire from Clark County effective September 1.

As Mary and I watched Julie & Julia over the weekend, I noted that part of the success of Julie Powell’s blog may have had something to do with it’s goal of preparing all 524 recipes in Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a year while blogging about it each day.

I’m certainly hoping that our move to Fort Collins, Colorado, is not going to take a whole year, but for as long as it does take it will provide blog fodder that might, if nothing else, prove entertaining. So, I invite you to come along for the ride and see where we end up three months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment