Monday, July 12, 2010

T-minus 30 Days and Counting

Counting today, I have 30 working days left until I retire from Clark County. My brain is in the process of trying to assimilate that information. Many things are being affected, including this blog. If the past week of vacation is any indication, there may be no more posts after August 31. I enjoy journaling too much to believe that such may actually be the case, but it will be interesting to watch what kind of schedule emerges when I am no longer required to take hour-long lunches. Las Vegas is treating us to characteristically hot summer weather as a way to make our departure to cool, colorful Colorado just that much sweeter. We listed the condominium the night before we left for Fort Collins, and are trying to get the word around that the home we’ve loved for a dozen years is on the market at a ridiculously low price. We feel so fortunate to have already secured new digs with the kids in Colorado which is alleviating what could otherwise be a source of profound stress. So, there may or may not be another twenty-nine posts coming to Incite, but you now know the reason why if there aren’t.

1 comment:

  1. Bill Calm7:40 PM

    Safe travels, my friend, and check in when you can!

    Speaking of hitting the road...you might enjoy this brief film from my early radio days..

    http://www.vimeo.com/12762755

    ReplyDelete