Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Eighty-seven years is quite an accomplishment by any measure. A car that age is considered a classic, and the same applies to Dad. A child of the Great Depression, a veteran of WWII, and ordained for more than six decades, Dad is representative of what Tom Brokaw has dubbed The Greatest Generation. The proximity of our birthdays has ensured that I've never been shortchanged on distinct celebrations, and I suspect there's at least one Christmas that Dad will never forget. Innumerable people have been touched by the man that I am fortunate to have as my father, and I am sure that most of them join me in wishing him the happiest of birthdays.

1 comment:

  1. Bill Calm9:24 PM

    Happy birthday to the both of you, Mark, and thank you, both, for being a continuing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete