Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon (redux)

I am well aware, dear Reader, of my unfaithfulness. Discipline seems not to have followed me into retirement, nor (fortunately) has the toxicity of employment. I personally believe that there is a relationship between the two, but already I digress. I am, as I said before, well aware that my commitment to blogging has suffered during transition into this next chapter of my life. I cannot tell you what a relief it is to be free of the mandatory lunch hour! (I don't think I've opened the cover of TIME since last August. Day long doses of MSNBC has become my corporate media source, and I acknowledge that this has probably come at the regrettable expense of journalistic objectivity.) For the first time since childhood I find myself free of trying to earn my keep as a member of the human family; it's equally amazing to now discover that the cost of adult "independence" was servitude. All this is simply to say that I seek your patient company while I once again learn to crawl toward the hope of a life worthy of its creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment