Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

2010 may well have been one of the most momentous years of my life. I retired. I moved to Colorado. I was arrested in Washington, D.C. That got your attention, didn't it? By blogging my resolution to more faithfully post in the new year, I am making a semi-public commitment to you that I am obliged to honor if I expect to keep your trust (man of my word and all that rot). I have accepted that only on rare occasion do I incite comment, but I think I may have hit upon a plan for at least encouraging the agree/disagree response. I will be intentional in the coming year about making each day's post solicitous; e.g. I'm guessing that of the three milestones I mentioned at the beginning, readers will be most interested in more details about what happened while I was at Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity. It is now up to you, dear Reader, to agree or disagree.

P.S. There are new pics at my flickr link.

1 comment:

  1. Bill Calm7:09 PM

    Well, I'm interested in all three. The arrest, for sure! But also: the Colorado move--a dream that for me will likely be forever unrealized, because all I ever wished for is right here in Oregon; and retirement, which shines for me like a guiding star. So blog away, please! And don't infer a lack of interest from the absence of reactive commentary. There's no "smiley" that I know of for "nodding reflectively and appreciatively."

    ReplyDelete