Sunday, January 02, 2011

Know What I Mean?

Last December 2 I posted a link to the article: People Who Think Life Is Meaningless Still Enjoy Their Lives. I wondered then as I continue to wonder now if it is truly possible to 'enjoy' meaningless. What is enjoyment? What is enjoyable? When does human experience transcend pure sensation by becoming perception grounded in interpretation? The term itself is meaningless in the absence of meaning, the very basis by which we judge ourselves to be human. As miraculous as human language is, it still has its limitations when it comes to subject matter such as this. Just as I have found that the claim to atheism is generally not pure--but is instead a rejection of popular religious dogma--so do I think that anyone who says life is meaningless doesn't mean what they're saying. The human experience of living involves the interpretation of sentient perception resulting in meaning. Life without meaning is impossible for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment