Friday, June 29, 2007

America, the Beautiful - Day One

We drove a little more than five-hundred miles today from Las Vegas to Grand Junction. Utah’s beauty is nothing less than awesome and we will be seeing more of the same as we drive through the Colorado Rockies on our way to North Platte. For as disgusted as I am with the state of America these days, the upcoming observance of Independence Day reminds me just what an amazing country this still is. I do not fear a violent enemy attack as we cross state lines freely. I do fear the ignorant morons that have taken to our highways with gas-guzzling monsters that literally endanger our species. But to have the freedom to get in our car and travel in relative safety to visit family and friends who also live in peaceful and harmonious communities is precious. I am truly grateful to all those--great and small--who contributed to the freedom I enjoyed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment