Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Days are Here Again!

Even if not official by the calendar, summer’s here! Las Vegas’ temperatures have already entered the triple digits several times, and the frequency of that happening will just get greater as we head for July and August. The Memorial Day gateway to summer has been passed through and we’re well on our way to Fourth festivities. Mary’s summer break has begun. Yes, it may be another ten days until its official, but summer is here. Each season is unique with its own attributes, but I’ve always liked summer because it means no school, family vacations, frequent trips to the pool, and so on. This will be the first summer in twenty-three years that Mary and I will spend without our daughters. I imagine that’s going to take a little getting used to. My Speedo doesn’t fit like it did before the girls were born, and I’m hoping that I don’t have to break it out this year just to take our minds off of the empty nest (although I’m sure that would do the trick). I’m grateful for the many means of staying in touch with Rachel and Rebecca that are at our disposal, and I’m looking forward to another summer of fun with Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment