Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's the Boys Against the Girls!

My very quick assessment indicates that there are 50 males and 203 females employed by the Family Support Division. Being one of the males places me in the distinct minority, a position that I don’t find to be all that comfortable. This disease is compounded by the fact that the majority of the “real men” are attorneys and investigators which makes us “girly men” an even smaller minority. Now consider that a significant portion of the females employed by the Family Support Division are former or current “customers” that have, in many instances, a justifiable hatred of men in general. Boy! Do I need a vacation! When visiting Nebraska next week I think I’ll look up a few of the drinking and hunting buddies I made while a pastor there (please recognize the sarcasm here) and suggest that we go out into the fields and kill something so that I can feel like a real man again. On second thought, I’m not sure that I have any shoes that go with my hunting outfit, so I may just hang out with Mary and her friends, and then I’ll feel right at home.

1 comment:

  1. Steve told Becca and I about this post when we were at Barnes and Noble last night, specifically the "hunting buddies" part. We were both extremely confused. I guess sarcasm can't be taken out of context. Or maybe Steve just doesn't pull it off.

    Also, if it's any consolation, your shoes rarely match the rest of what you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete