Monday, October 15, 2007

Life Is Good

There have been good reasons for the few missed posts. Last Thursday, Clark County District Attorney’s Family Support Division celebrated our collection of over $104 million during fiscal 2006-07. It was a worthwhile event in a number of ways, not the least of which was that most of us left feeling that we do something worthwhile. I don’t think any of us are under the illusion that every cent we collect goes to the welfare of the children for whom they are intended, but there’s still that outside chance that some child some where will be a little better off than s/he would otherwise have been.

A different sort of celebration of family took place this weekend in Flagstaff where the five of us had just a good old-fashioned time together. It’s been a couple of years since Mary and I were in Sedona and the colorful trip down and up Oak Creek Canyon was fabulous. We viewed Across the Universe and I strongly recommend it to everyone. I now regard it among my top five favorite movies (maybe we could get some interaction going here by having a contest to name the other four; prize: a year’s free subscription to Incite).

Life is good. I read an excerpt of Debora Norville’s book, Gratitude Power, and I am gratified to see this powerful mental phenomenon finally getting attention. If our focus is upon saying “thank you” for the many blessings that are ours, it leaves less “room” for the blues and depression. And so I close by thanking God for the goodness that is to be found nearly everywhere I look, and for the love which binds us together.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm....this is when becoming your netflix friend might come in handy. I'm going to go out on a limb and say An Inconvenient Truth is on the list.

    Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete