Wednesday, October 31, 2007

On the Fly

I’m still like a little kid with this technology. I didn’t post at my lunch hour today because I left at noon to prepare for my flight to Billings. So here I sit at McCarran International, spooning in some TCBY while waiting for my 4:35 PM departure. I can’t recall that I’ve ever traveled on Halloween before, but it is certainly interesting. I threatened to arrive in Billings dressed as an Arab sheik ready to deal arms with my brother-in-law but I decided that I would rather spend time with Mom than in Guantanamo. I’m skipping lunch next Monday, too, since I don’t report back to work until one that afternoon, so the posts are going to be erratic for the next few days. I’m looking forward to several days of discussing the meaning of life with Mom and Kim, something that always seems to happen when we’re together. They are good discussions because they generate from the very source of the love I’ve known all my life. Yeah, I had to throw in that bit about love because I think that is becoming my cause, my purpose in life. History indicates that life is not always kind to those who prefer love to war, but I’m starting to think that’s because loving life to the degree that I’m willing to destroy to preserve it may not meet the true definition of what love actually is. Anyway, we can all give it some thought and see what we come up with in the ways of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment