Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Be Still

Where to mentally meander today? In this age of twenty-four seven there is no shortage of subject material. Should I think about war and peace? Should I think about health care and how it affects me? What about Wall Street, Main Street, or my street? How am I getting along with others? What do others think of me? Am I using the correct deodorant, shampoo and toothpaste? Is Mary using the correct detergent to wash our clothes and dishes? If I run completely out of things to think about, I can always wonder about how long it has been since I had an erection and how long it lasted. We are bombarded with information to the point of inundation, and the jerryrigged solution has been to flood our minds with contrived reality. It’s too bad that Scripture has gotten so tangled up in religion, because the counsel of the psalmist (Psalm 46:10) would make so much sense in our hurry scurry world. The relationship with our Creator has been the victim of religion gone bad and I’m not real sure how we go about rectifying that. Taking the time to reconnect with what’s truly important, however, may be a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment