Monday, November 02, 2009

Moving On

Some sort of malady took the wind out of my sails last week but I’m on the mend. As I approach sixty, I realize that I just don’t get sick as well as I used to. Actually, it’s just the opposite. I don’t get well as quickly as I once did. I’m also realizing that all the medications I’m on seem to lower my resistance to viruses that were once just inconvenient, allowing them to now become full blown. For us mortals, there is no going back. We relentlessly move forward in time and space toward our ultimate destiny and can do nothing more than remember what is was like before. With age and reflection comes an ever-changing worldview which either aligns itself with reality or opposes it. Happy are those who do not rebut reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment