Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day by Day

There is great wisdom in living one day at a time. Only the present has the ability to affect the future while the past is forever destined to effect. While yesterday cannot be ruled out, tomorrow should not, and that’s where it becomes personally difficult to focus on now. Yes, I should be learning from the past lest I repeat it. Yes, I should be keeping an eye on what’s coming so that I am prepared for it. But the present is the undeniable reality. I flow through a process of time and space which, for me, is grounded in where I am and what I am doing now, only vaguely comprehending that it is all relative. So what am I doing and why? If I attempt to compensate for the past, I am mistaken. If I anticipate a particular future, I am mistaken. It appears to me that only synchronous harmony with the moment is not a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment