Monday, January 04, 2010

Let the Countdown Begin

After having been present for sixty-one of them, I cannot recall a merrier Christmas or happier birthday than those just celebrated. 2010 should prove to be one of those momentous years in our personal lives, akin to 1971 when we married, 1984 when Rachel was born, and 1986 when Rebecca was born. The prospect of semi-retirement in Fort Collins is beginning to take shape. There are many variables, of course, including Las Vegas’ extraordinarily high numbers in the areas of unemployment and foreclosures. Still, the pieces seem to be coming together as I continually remind myself of Desiderata’s wisdom that, whether I know it or not, the universe is unfolding as it should. The New Year is off to a bad start with the shooting at the federal courthouse (photos of the building can be seen in the My World set on Flickr) just two blocks from where I work. We were in lock down until noon, and the news makes a third death sound imminent. These eruptions of evil can and do take place anywhere, but I’m looking forward to the strength and support of family to cope with them. For now, we will begin the first steps toward that promising future.

No comments:

Post a Comment