Monday, June 12, 2006

A Day in the Life

Awakened this morning by my alarm at 4:30, I arose to my workday routine of walking to our complex’s fitness center where I exercycled exactly 18 minutes at Level 8, resulting in the burning of 162 calories in the course of 6.48 virtual miles. I walked back to our kitchen where I stuck a can of black cherry vanilla diet Coke in the freezer and prepared my concoction of 8 ounces of Albertson’s vegetable juice with a tablespoon of Profibe powder. I poured just the right amount of filtered water into the fountain in our dining area, and then filled the container to the top to be used later for brewing the coffee. All of this now being done set the stage for my morning reading time which I efficiently combine with a bodily function that is best performed on a daily basis. Having read three pages of the most recent issue of Christian Century (and also being successful in the other) I was ready to shower and shave. Upon completion, I dressed, ate my bowl of Nature’s Path organic multi-grain flakes covered by organic 2% milk, took my daily regimen of prescription and vitamin pills and headed back to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Catching one last glance at the traffic report I proceeded to load my backpack, say goodbye to Mary as she handed me the coffee and lunch she had just lovingly prepared, and pulled out of the garage.

It has been said that good writing is the result of what the author knows best. If this is true, then the above paragraph is a dandy. Be sure to tune in for tomorrow’s spellbinding installment when I will relate the commute to work. I really have no business thinking about politics, religion, or life in general, because these are subjects that I know painfully little about. Take heart, dear reader; I have discovered the secret to writing a page turner!

No comments:

Post a Comment