Friday, June 02, 2006

President Bush:

Initially I was going to ask, what the hell is wrong with you? But giving myself some time to reflect (I can appreciate that this is a notion probably foreign to you) helped me to realize that the question really needs to be, what the hell is wrong with us? Why does the citizenry of this country continue to retain your pathologically immoral self in the world’s highest office? We impeached Bill Clinton for getting head in the Oval Office, but we give our implied consent to your treasonous and deadly agenda.

I was simply flabbergasted yesterday when you once again righteously proclaimed that if there was any atrocity committed by U. S. Marines in Haditha you would see to it that the perpetrators would be held accountable. How does your phony Christian ideology purport to remove the speck from your neighbor’s eye when you obviously can’t see past the log in your own? How does your Pentagon keep a straight face when it proposes to inculcate our deployed troops in the ethical and moral conduct of war? You, sir, are a hypocrite of the highest order and it is evidence of the reality of evil that you remain in office.

My appreciation for Dietrich Bonhoeffer (a genuine Christian) has continued to grow over the years, and you have helped me to better understand his belabored decision to eliminate the evil personified by Adolf Hitler. You haven’t yet had your crack at the holocaust, but then you aren’t through yet, are you? John Valder* powerfully speaks the truth which you understandably are so determined to silence. (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/01/1070127355348.html)

I understand that my status as a citizen in good standing of the United States of America does not make me worthy of a reply from the High and Mighty George W. Bush, but I’m going to ask you anyway: What the hell is wrong with you?

*UPDATE: With Josh Schulz's assistance I have corrected the link that should now take you directly to Valder's 12/01/03 speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment