Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oh, What a Lucky Man He Was!

It’s hot out there! (102 Fahrenheit, to be precise) I know this because I just walked back from having lunch at the Strip Sandwich Shoppe (urban legend has it that some of the 9/11 terrorists ate there when in Las Vegas). On very rare occasions I eat my lunch out. The rest of the time I fare much better on the chilled “brown bag” salads that Mary lovingly prepares for me most workdays. It was an oversight on my part not to mention this when I was explaining that I was taking up lunch-hour blogging. If Mary didn’t send lunch with me each day, I would be much more pressed for writing time like I have been the last two. There’s real merit to the notion of daily counting your blessings, and among my greatest is Mary—not because she packs me a lunch every day, but because she loves me so much that she wants to. There definitely is not enough time or space here to regale at length of Mary’s attributes, so suffice it to say that I am one very lucky dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment