Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm Back!

This must be necessarily brief because my pre-lunch exercise consisted of a walk over to the Strip Sandwich Shoppe only to discover it closed. So, I walked back to the Regional Justice Center across the street from my building and had the tasty barbeque pork special being served by the CafĂ© @ RJC. There isn’t much to say on this one-day-workweek anyway.

Our trip to Lincoln, Nebraska proved to be enjoyable in every way. The weather cooperated (a blessing this time of year) and we got together with all of Mary’s family with the exception of her nephew, Mike, and his family who hosted the Fourth celebrations at their place in Pekin, Illinois. The uneventful flights to and from made us enthusiastic new fans of Allegiant Airlines, and we would recommend it to anyone venturing to Las Vegas or Orlando.

I am blessed with an extraordinary supervisor who is not afraid of doing the work of her subordinates when they are away on vacation or sick. Let this serve as my public thanks to Jodi for being the archetypal manager (although such an attitude will probably stand in the way of her promotion or advancement). Stay tuned for more lunchtime ruminations as I attempt a full four day workweek next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment