Thursday, July 20, 2006

Time for Change

Our computers at work are down (for a longer duration than usual) and so that allows me to get ahead of my lunch deadline. Technology truly enables the child support effort to accomplish so much more than could be done without it, but being so dependent upon it leaves us powerless without it. Thanks, Bill! (Gates)

I know that I’m not alone in being deeply worried about the growing conflict in the Middle East. It is disturbing to even hear the mention of World War III, but I suppose that may be the direction we’re headed. George W. Bush et al should be impeached, removed from office, and tried for war crimes. I am smart enough to know that this Administration is not responsible for starting the tensions in that part of the world, but it is absolutely guilty of exacerbating the problems that already existed. Do you really feel safer with Bush in charge instead of Gore or Kerry? Do you really think it was coincidence that 9/11 occurred after Bush became the first president in our nation’s history to be installed by the Supreme Court rather than being elected by the people?

I don’t care anymore if people think I’m just a raving lunatic, because the proof, so to speak, is in the pudding. The military industrial complex of which Dwight D. Eisenhower warned is having its finest hour—even if it’s the last one! Try to add up the billions of dollars that are being spent daily to propagate violence and destruction and you’ll quickly melt the chip in your calculator. There is not much time left for those of us who try to follow the way of the Christ by loving our enemies, but I personally am going to devote myself to the proposition of loving King George to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment