Monday, July 17, 2006

What Have I Done?

There is a most remarkable comment from Lawrence William Page II in response to my 07/14/06 entry, A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste. I am rereading both what I wrote and Mr. Page’s comment looking for clues that indicate what exactly prompted such a response. Nonetheless, Mr. Page’s scholarship appears to be of an extraordinarily high caliber. That Mr. Page’s proclamation of himself as the “long-expected Hebrew Messiah” is contrary to the traditional scriptural formula for validating such prophetic callings must be left to his readers to weigh against the veracity of his claim. Subscribing to a dynamic process theology makes it difficult for me personally to accept the preordained calculations contained in Mr. Page’s treatise, but I must certainly learn more about him and his work before I am in (if ever) a position to pass judgment. I commend Mr. Page’s comments to your reading, and, as always, encourage you to add your comments to this virtual conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that was quite a response. Did you know that 1+2+2+5+1+9+4+9=33, which is a multiple of 11?

    ReplyDelete