Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Of God and Science

I just finished reading David Van Biema’s article, Reconciling God and Science. It recalled for me those formative years growing up in my father’s church “where science and religion are compatible.” This debate has been going on for years, and I suspect that it will continue for many more. It is comforting to know, however, that the rational, intelligent pursuit of finding the common ground between these two disciplines continues to be conducted by the best and the brightest our species has to offer. Humankind may be on the brink of destroying itself. I really don’t know. That of which I am certain, though, is that unless we begin to exercise our ability to think and reason instead of our primitive bent for hatred and violence, we really don’t deserve to pollute the planet much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment