Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Mary!

Thirty-six years ago today Mary and I became husband and wife, and the rest, as they say, is history. Rebecca just introduced me to the Potato Valley CafĂ© for lunch, and so I must be necessarily brief to stay within my lunch hour limitation, but I can only tell you, Mary, that you are the light of my life. My wish for the rest of humankind is that it might know the happiness we’ve shared, and I thank you for even entertaining the notion of spending your life with me. The ’63 Chevy, the 8-track, even my dancing mania to which you were initially attracted, have all disappeared, but I continue to be blessed by your love. I am as excited as I was those many years ago as we embark on number thirty-seven!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:17 PM

    It was also the fact that you were from Colorado - my ticket out of Nebraska :-)

    ReplyDelete