Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's Tuesday, So This Must Be Vegas!

Tuesdays are turning out to be when Rebecca and I eat lunch together. This Las Vegas climate of which I’m so fond has not yet turned on its deadly heat and that makes it just perfect for lunching at Mayor Oscar’s Centennial Plaza. There is something mystical about the arid desert which makes toweling off after a shower optional. And yes, there’s something about the intrigue of Sin City which makes the hottest days of July and August seem bearable, a phenomenon that I wouldn’t think as likely in, say, Tonopah. As we prepare to mark our eleventh year here next month, I continue to surprise myself that I remain attracted to this Mecca for the unvirtuous. They say that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, and so maybe that means I happened here.

No comments:

Post a Comment