Thursday, June 05, 2008

IFT Rules!

Right in the midst of 40th reunion nostalgia who should call but Sack-o! It has been years, but the Illini voice that arranged for Mary’s and my first blind date still sounds the same. Only a couple of weeks ago I had thought of Neal as a photograph of him, Dave and me holding up the pillars of the Alpha Gamma Delta house in Lincoln surfaced (I think Rebecca had something to do with that). Of the three of us, I’m the only one still struggling to be worthy of an AGD. I’m hoping that we’ll find some time to visit while Neal’s in Las Vegas. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since we were first introduced as residents of Burt Hall at the outset of our illustrious “higher” education adventure. Those three years at Wesleyan still stand as among the happiest in my life, and Sack-o’s friendship contributes significantly to those memories. Upon learning that Neal was in town, Rob (a.k.a. Boo-Boo) asked what kind of partying we’re going to do. The only honest reply was whatever kind old men do.

No comments:

Post a Comment