Monday, August 31, 2009

Homeless People Smell Bad

My daily walks around downtown Las Vegas take me past the Historic Fifth Street School which adjoins Centennial Plaza. This area has become (quite unintentionally, is my guess) a showcase for Las Vegas’ homeless. During today’s morning walk I was downwind of some of them, and the smell was disgusting. It occurred to me that Mayor Oscar Goodman missed a real opportunity by not installing public showers during the facility’s renovation. Borrowing an ingenious design from the past, these public showers could serve as a gateway to a crematorium that could prove the ultimate solution for these pungent loiterers who in no way contribute to society. Once we apply the ultimate solution to the homeless, we could then turn our attention toward the uninsured, the disabled, the aged, and all the other worthless elements of society that do nothing but take money out of our pockets. I don’t think it’s too late, Oscar, to have those showers installed.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:52 PM

    ok - my second attempt.

    "...worthless elements of society"?! Why so much hatred... I'm suppose to learn from you that there really is more to life than holding a job. Homesless people are not born into their situation. I'm sure at some point they contributed as much as we have. I believe that something life made them fall to the very bottom and they have not been able to get up or have not come across someone compassionate enough to lend them a hand. We are not alone in this world and i think that we all need each other. So why are homeless "worthless"?. Prisoners/criminals on the other hand are the true SCUM/DIRT/MOST WORTHLESS PIECES OF NOTHING! Yet they sit in prison w/such priviledges for FREE. some prisons go to the extend of providing hobbies and recreational activities. We forget that they are in that hole for a reason. "WORTHLESS" YOU SAY - I SAY FOCUSE THAT TERM ON THE REAL SCUMS. I've hear that these scums have all these priviledges because of the something human rights act..blah/blah. What about human rights for the victims?!!!!! Make no issue of the homeless for they do no harm to you. They are victims of life. And as for the money that would need to be spent on the showers - send those funds to schools. There's more awful smell in your bathroom after a full meal i'm sure...LOl

    ReplyDelete