Monday, February 01, 2010

The Countdown Unmercifully Proceeds

It’s already February 2010! It was wise of me not to make any formal resolutions for the New Year because even my casual intentions have fallen behind schedule. The goal is to move to Fort Collins by July 1, but I am embarrassed by how few of the things that are going to make that happen have been accomplished. I have explored the possibility of renewing my relationship to The United Methodist Church, but that effort has quickly reminded me why I severed the relationship to begin with. The bureaucracy doesn’t seem to have improved any in the last decade. Health insurance seems to be the critical issue right now, although I’m beginning to resent being held hostage by the current coverage. I’m attempting to accept that I’m just not smart enough to understand how human health and well-being has become a for-profit enterprise in this country. Anyway, there is still much to be done in the now next five months. If anyone out there is looking for a nice condo to buy in Las Vegas, I’m aware of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment