Monday, April 05, 2010

A New Day

The unknown is now known. I’m able to continue with my lunch hour ruminations from our new location which is conveniently 50% farther from where we live. Greystone is truly a vast improvement over Clark Place as far as furnishings and equipment go, and Prudence the Prius will help minimize the impact of the longer commute. For the first time in years the intake unit to which I’m assigned is centrally located. All in all, it appears to be a move in the right direction.

I celebrated Easter with my family (Rebecca being the much missed exception) in Billings, Montana, as well as the birthdays that crop up this time of year. My personal approach to Holy Week this year was an attempt to regard each day as my last, a practice which proved to be much more challenging than I had anticipated. Life flows so naturally from one day to the next that it requires a degree of discipline not readily available to me to, so to speak, keep my eye on the ball. Nonetheless, I cultivated a greater appreciation for the miracle of life and the creation all around me.

This is the day the Lord has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment