Monday, April 26, 2010

Tragedy in A Minor

I have to admit that the past is becoming more and more of a blur, and details such as what year Mary gave me my ipod shuffle are simply lost (I do remember that it was either for Christmas or my birthday). Suffice it to say that it was several years ago and I have been hooked on the soundtrack of my life ever since. This is why I can hardly believe my ineptitude by misplacing my shuffle last Wednesday. Last Thursday was the first day of cold-turkey withdrawal and I imagine that I am becoming less peaceful by the second; (Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast. – William Congreve, The mourning bride, 1697). Mary gives me things that I use daily (e.g. my wristwatch) but my shuffle was among my most prized possessions. I think that I may have inadvertently left it on my desk as I was packing up to leave work last Wednesday, but because I do not know for sure I must refrain from suspecting theft. Whatever happened, my daily tasks are no longer accompanied by the strains of my favorite itunes. I’m going for a high degree of agreement today that I should be forgiven my stupidity and be given permission to replace my shuffle before next Christmas.

1 comment: